Intelligent Design isn’t only hated by critics (i.e. the whole of the scientific community) for being blatantly pseudo-science. It’s also hated for being like a bad parade. There are trucks carrying gigantic designs that look cool at first, but then you realize it’s just a bunch of drawings on cardboard held up on both sides of the trucks. In fact, it’s not even 3D. It’s just… drawn.
This, my friends, is just like intelligent design.
The Disco tute (cue the song “We Run This”) is the group behind all of this intelligent design controversy, and even though they’re not quite masters at hiding their fallacies, hypocrisy, and blatant intellectual dishonesty, they’re quite the sight.
The disco tute’s tactics are, quite frankly, easy to spot.
- Make up a false controversy and tell people to teach it;
- When asked what to teach, you give the name of intelligent design;
- When asked what intelligent design is, you say it’s a theory and an alternative to evolution;
- Undermine theory in scientific terms to mean an ideal;
- When rejected from classrooms, claim it’s because of big science and academia;
- Introduce academic freedom bills into several states to “question” evolution;
- With enough doubt on evolution, you’ll be allowed to teach ID, even though there are no real problems with evolutionary theory;
- Make movie to support academic freedom;
- When movie is flop, use it to lobby senate and likewise;
- When your plan fails, continue to call ID a theory.
If only that’s where it ended. These people are such absolutely pitiful hypocrites that they will never stop the nonsense that they push and will continue to try to undermine evolution until something goes their way. Maybe some day we’ll seen a holocaust against “Darwinists.” Never know…
Also, insert the following somewhere in those ten steps.
- Deny that ID is creationism;
- Lobby it to creationist groups;
- Continue to deny that ID is creationism
Yeah. Disco tute, we’ve got your number.